The Bolton Wanderers – Where Are They Now?

John Rees-Evans

1. Pamela Preedy says:

I refuse to be pigeon-holed using Henry Bolton’s name as a reference, therefore I am not a Bolton Wanderer, but an Anne Marie Waters supporter and proud to be so.
    I don’t know if she registered to start a new party before the election, but if she did it was probably in expectation of being stitched up by the hierarchy, desperate for her not to win.

• MIKE MAUNDER says:

So Pamela, you support Ms Waters. – GOOD FOR YOU !
      I support Mr Bolton. – GOOD FOR ME, and probably in time, GOOD FOR UK/GB !
      UKIP supports Democracy and this Nation. – GOOD FOR ALL OF US !

2. Keith says:

The speed with which two former UKIP leader candidates have left UKIP illustrates that the membership were 100% right to reject them. Not team players – and both single-issue obsessives who would have been fatal for UKIP.
    There is no doubt that we were right to choose Henry Bolton – and the other loyal candidates have fallen in behind him. Onward and upward from here – we all know the country needs a strong UKIP, especially when Tories and Labour are both fatally split.

• Dee says:

Keith, I think that someone,who had been bad-mouthed by some of the other candidates, an ex-Leader or two and quite a few of the UKIP MEPs was hardly going to feel comfortable at the social gathering,that was the UKIP Conference.

It is worth noting that both of those candidates who have left were the only ones that were prepared to support and defend the YI Conference Social that was shamefully blackmailed out of existence by Antifa. So maybe, they were the ones with the backbones?

3. Barrie Greratorex says:

There are many in the establishment that have an unnatural fear of UKIP and would dearly love to see it fail. They will resort to any measures to achieve this outcome, as the same mentality does to perverse the referendum vote. The new leader must be given absolute support in taking UKIP on its road to Westminster.

4. steve says:

You state 30 days to register a party. However it turns out is within 30 days so that changes what you say to an opinion wouldn’t you agree?Anne has left,so have I. Why would I stay when called a nazi and racist?

• MIKE MAUNDER says:

Well Steve, I guess I’m probably made of much harder stuff. Being called a Nazi and racist, only helps me to tear down such people with the facts, which I am always happy to do. You ask, ”Why would I stay ?” I can only tell you MY answer. UKIP is the only new Party chance that I have, for getting shot of the old Parties with their record of pushing this Nation into deep debt, and putting divisions into the people. I don’t mean in or out of the EU, but left or right in politics. It is quite possible to hold views that come from Conservatives, yet make room for Socialist fair play, but my dislike of the EU is so total, that UKIP is my only choice.

5. jean shaw says:

Just think it is silly of the 2 of them. Anne Marie has tried to set up her own Party before with like minded individuals and it failed , why not stay in UKIP and join forces with others such as Whittle/Collins/Batten who are also strongly against Islam. In that way she e could have ensured that the issue would be high up the list of UKIP priorities second probably to Brexit itself. She’ll now simply disappear to the outer fringes of politics with no hope of achieving her objectives.

John Rees – Evans has good ideas but he doesn’t stand a chance of achieving them on his own

6. Cliff Dixon says:

What you have missed out on is that JRE was in fact in talks with DDIP, an already registered political party, to take over as leader in the event that his leadership bid failed.
    Indeed, current leader Marty Caine stated that the name ‘Direct Demos Initiative Party’ was the idea of JRE and they had conversed some time ago about him joining and taking over, only for JRE to decline on the day of the election result and announce Affinity which was done without Marty’s knowledge.
    The conversation was played out in public on JRE’s FB campaign page.

7. David says:

We have lost half the party, Bolton exodus is more apt. A more sad death of a peoples party is hard to imagine. The truth of my words will sink in as memberships are not renewed. As branch after branch collapse and local election results see good kipper after kipper lose hard won seats. All Bolton had to do is be magnanimous in victory, but he doubled down the Nazi slur, utterly unforgiveable to party members, and voters in the hundreds of thousands. A typical cold authoritarian technocrat attitude that will gain us nothing and cost us all us kippers have grafted for. Sad days indeed.

• Dee says:

Thank you David. It was a sad day, I’m sure, for all of us who decided to move on. UKIP was the only Political Party I have ever been a member of, and I was so proud when I joined.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who, in spite of being angry with having our reputations traduced, wish all the members of UKIP the very best, whatever direction the Party takes. What seems to have been forgotten by so many is that all of us members are still united in our wish to save our beloved country. Go safely my friend.