EFDD Reception. Henry makes his mark. UKIP ready for the future!

Everyone wanted to be pictured with Henry

1. Nicole Bushill says:

Would of liked more commentary about the event that ALL present were specifically invited to….Hey HO…..I guess

• PJW Holland says:

You were there Nicole. The organisers made it plain its purpose was not to campaign and so the only kind of report appropriate was an impression… of the participants. I tried to give a flavour without venturing into areas of policy that may have been discussed by individuals. They were, after all, private conversations.

2. Graham says:

The moment was 2 months ago after he was elected. Now we are going into the holidays, the first 100 days are gone. he didn’t build any momentum. Nobody knows what he believes in, he seems to have no radical beliefs at all. He should be chairman, Farage leader and Raheem deputy. He did manage to make clear he doesn’t like Trump which is insane, Trump and his movement are UKIP’s natural allies. Frankly, I think Henry is a decent, competent guy but isn’t actually a kipper at heart and has no passion. Soul isn’t a word you could use in his context.

• PJW Holland says:

You can please all of the people, some of the time. You can please some of the people all of the time. You cannot please all of the people all of the time. Some people, clearly, will never be satisfied.

• MIKE MAUNDER says:

Spot on from Holland. I am a rather housebound UKIP member, and can only form my opinions by what comes to me via TV and Radio. I did not vote for Henry Bolton as leader, but that was due to only the scant write-up of the candidates. Henry won the election, and therefore is my Party’s leader, and I am therefore in support of him.
        So far as it is of interest, I can see Henry as a British Army ‘Rupert’ with a reasonable wide knowledge of most things, and the only ‘Could do better’ that I would put forward, is that he needs to build a bit of charisma to his personality, but otherwise, he is fine by me.
        If we discount interim leaders, and the leader of only a matter of hours, then Henry is taking on from Nigel Farage. This is a big shadow to fill for Henry, or for anyone. Nigel has made up his mind, as far as I can see, to have his brake from the Party, whilst keeping his interest. He had an easy, natural way before a camera, and seemed to be relaxed with audiences, and it is in that way that Henry needs to adopt any change.

• Graham says:

No, as I clearly said, if HB was party chairman, Nigel leader and Raheem deputy then I would be satisfied.

Nothing new to be leaned from Holand’s input. but Thanks anyway.
    What I have seen of Henry Bolton is fine by me. He is a British Army ‘Rupert’ with an area of knowledge ahead of most. I wish he would work on his charisma factor, but then anyone taking over from Nigel Farage would have a job to do in that area !