MEET THE LEADER: Moulding The People’s Army Into A Fighting Force

1. Graham says:

Nearly 100 days into Henry’s leadership now. What does he believe in? I honestly don’t know. Except to say this, he is not a radical in any way, shape or form. As it says in the article, he doesn’t believe in crusades. He is too low key and lacking passion. Sorry but nobody understands what UKIP is for and no amount of internal shuffling of deckchairs or organising committees is going to change that. He needs big, radical ideas, big, boneshaking speeches, things that inspire and unite the troops, but clearly this isn’t him. Just going round to meet the existing members doesn’t win any new members. Only a clear vision and a clarion rallying call can do that. And he still hasn’t replaced Oakden, I wonder why?

2. Barrie Greratorex says:

It seems that some like Graham want to live in the past and have no vision of a New UKIP becoming the second force in British politics. We cannot trade on past glories, they are only the building blocks for a different UKIP, one that embraces a wider section of our great country. Just as the FWK had to embrace the Spinning Jenny after trying to destroy its concept, so must the old members embrace new members with bold new ideas for UKIPs future. Henry carries no baggage and if he sticks to the principles of Honesty, Integrity and Transparency, with a little humour thrown in, he will take us further down the road to eventual government.So please keep the faith and encourage as many as you can to join the New UKIP.

• Graham says:

Huh? Your comment makes no sense. What I am asking for is a vision for the new UKIP (which I believe is Trump-style populism, but that’s a different conversation). Henry has not laid out any policy vision except to say back to the 2015 Manifesto. Where are HB’s bold ideas? There are none. Just the odd, disconnected tidbit. No great theme, not overarching idea or narrative.

Many are taking a swipe at Henry Bolton, and I agree that he needs to be less of a Gentleman, and a lot louder. I would suggest that his belief in genuine, full Brexit, will not be understood if he quietly gives out facts, figures and ideas. It is time for Blood and Guts delivery. Remember this, the EU consider themselves to have 27 flags behind them, and that makes them full of power, and cheek ! They are used to treating UK/GB as something that will obey without question. The only exception has been Nigel Farage’s broadside to the top table. Not only entertaining, but memorable. – This is what Henry needs. It is not volume, although Henry’s time in the Army must have given him reason to bark commands, as my time in Navy training did for me. It is a word combination, delivered with a little vim and vigour, and I would recommend speeches given by Sir Winston Churchill. Nobody did it better, and recordings are available. – Winston did not shout his head off, but his command of English, plus his natural emphasis, made him what he was; just brilliant !

4. Ian Hensman says:

Whilst I attended the gathering in Derby, I listened to Henry and have a lot of time for his ideas most of which I agree with.
    I should very much like to see us being somewhat more Militant as a whole but at the moment do not see how this can be achieved with our small numbers.
    The question I would have liked to have raised is on the death penalty for terrorists. What do we do with Returnee Jihadists? Should we not refuse them entry and remove their British Citezenship completely after all they voted with their feet.?

5. David Cottrell says:

Why won’t Henry Bolton discuss the Islamic issue?
    In two of his meetings recently, Hartlepool and Sandwell a number of people walked out in disgust because he proved how mainstream and mediocre he really is.

6. Graham says:

The entire Sandwell branch committee quit after his visit. Great success!