Farage And Kassam Fall Out Over Second Referendum

United Kingdom Independent Party (UKIP) leader Nigel Farage reacts after he failed to be elected to the parliamentary seat of Thanet South in Margate, southeast England, on May 8, 2015 during the British general election. Farage announced his resignation as leader of the anti-EU UKIP after he failed to win a seat in Britain's parliament. AFP PHOTO / NIKLAS HALLE'N (Photo credit should read NIKLAS HALLE'N/AFP/Getty Images)

1. John Carins says:

Nigel’s foray has been successful in getting assurances that there will not be a 2nd referendum. Nigel’s carefully chosen words have generated the real response that he wanted. At the same time he has wound up a lot of people. A good days work.

2. David Weaver says:

And I have been thinking. Should we recall Nigel to retake the helm ( after we get rid of Bolton) to steady the ship and re-ignite the vision and
    passionate rhetoric needed to get this government of ours too finally rid this Nation of the EU? (which I have previously stated is required) the answer to my own question is no, unless he retracts without bluster that he got it wrong. Let us forget yesterdays men they are of no consequence and a waste of our time and energy instead, let us concentrate our time and energy in finding amongst our rank and file the voice.

3. Eric Westhorpe says:

If you actually listen to what was said and the reason why it was said , you would all come out looking absolutely stupid. He’s remark was if this is the only way to shut up the remainders,then let’s have a second vote knowingly that the amount of people who want to leave the EU has more than doubled in there numbers . GET It NOW.

4. Stanley Cutts says:

I first had my doubts about Nigel when he backed Henry dear Henry for the leadership in preference to the favourite, Anne Marie Waters. Now I see he’s gone stark raving mad! The unrivalled UKIP hero, he’s worked so hard for Brexit but I’m afraid now he’s blown his credibility. It’s a great shame.

5. Richard Holr says:

Leave means leave end of

I UNDERSTAND THE POINT YOU ARE MAKING, NIGEL. I do not, emphatically, go along with it, and it has nothing to do with being worried about a changed result. On that one point I am in agreement with you.
    NO ! If this is allowed to go ahead, WHAT VALUE IS OUR DEMOCRACY ? A vote was held, and the result was found as UK/GB WILL LEAVE THE EU. That ends the voting matter. I understand that the EU keeps Nations voting, until they have the answer that the EU wants, but that is not Democracy, it is just manipulation, it’s a reason for me to vote OUT. I can see no reason at all, to bend to the will of those who don’t recognise Democracy. In any case, with a further loss to them, do we wait for them to say, OK, best of five ? This is a non starter, put in some people’s minds by the actions of the EU. – Good grief Nigel, you know only too well, that the EU would not recognise Democratic principals, if they sprang up and bit them in the bum ! So why play their game ? Is it just for the pleasure of being able to say TOLD YOU SO ? – That’s a bit expensive and with no point ! Damn it man, we had a majority of over a million, and I am surprised that you could even think of backing such nonsense, I hope your not listening to those with an ax to grind, and can’t take loosing, or those ‘yesterday men’ who are on the side of a wronged establishment ! THEY LOST AND WE WON, and poor luvies, their just going to have to get used to it. THEY COULD ALWAYS MOVE TO FRANCE. – please !

7. David Weaver says:

Hey Eric Westhorpe, I never NOT GOT IT. The only way to shut the remainers up is to ignore’ them they are yesterdays people just wanting attention like spoilt children that can not have their own way. Lets stop wasting our breath on them, and get at the goverment. Where is that voice?
    I’m with you Richard.

8. As has been stated by Eric Westhorpe already, one needs to listen to what Nigel said IN CONTEXT. It was an “if” statement, and the conditional term related to shutting-up the most vocal Remoaners.
    Unfortunately, Nigel must accept he will be quoted without the context by a hostile media, which is what has happened.
    Personally, I’m in favour of another Referendum too – however, the subject would be: