UKIP CRISIS BREAKING: NEC Unanimously Votes It Has No Confidence In Henry Bolton

• Darrell Goodliffe says:

EGM by the end of next month Glenn which will either endorse the NEC’s decision in which case a contest is triggered and Henry is removed. If not, the NEC is flipped over and must be reelected.

1. Ian Gilmour says:

The members must now run this two bit piece of rawhide out of town.

2. forthurst says:

The silent majority in favour of HB hanging on is a figment of his imagination; he needs to step down to to save UKIP further expense and avoid the humiliation of his rejection by the membership who have not been impressed with political leadership or his courting the column inches for reasons unconnected to Brexit.

3. Mark Dent says:

The moment he got elected I knew he would be a disaster .

4. Barrie greatorex says:

I guess you have your wish to destroy Ukip and hand it over to the EDL. Tommy Robinson will be very grateful I am sure. Hopefully Nigel Farage will start new a Brexit Party we can all sign up to and you will be left with a rump of a Party with no further influence.

5. Brian Hulme says:

Do not rely on my vote HB. I was never sure about you in the first place

Just sod off Bolton ! When you are gone I can consider my membership position !

7. Jules says:

The system for electing the Leader is partly to blame – the mis-named “first past the post”.
    With 8, 7, 6 (I forget !) candidates, it wasn’t surprising that the winner might get 1/3rd of the votes.

So when HB hit trouble, 2/3rds hadn’t voted for him.

Most Parties use a run-off or preference system for internal elections – so that the winner gets 50%+ (or very nearly 50%) of all votes.

(And no….. it isn’t complicated to count ! )

1. 6:54 pm, January 21, 2018

[…] UKIP NEC this afternoon unanimously voted for no a no confidence motion in party leader Henry […]