UKIP EGM: UKIP Peers Back Batten To Unite UKIP

1. Russell Hicks says:

Well said, I back our Lords with that suggestion.

2. Stanley Cutts says:

It would be a timely sign of comfort and good faith if all the UKIP MEPs indicated a similar unanimous commitment. No more “nights of the long knives” after the event!

3. David Allen says:

Our illustrious peers ought to take a look at the constitution. Leadership elections must take place within 90 days. It’s quite a lot of effort to put in for a temp.

4. Rob McWhirter says:

Captain, my Captain!

This is more like it ! All the comments are agreed by me, and warmly welcomed. Just one point though. – The use of the word ‘ IF ‘ and ‘ IN THE EVENT ‘ in conjunction with Bolton’s EGM vote of no confidence, has me concerned. It would seem that Bolton is thought to be in with a chance of winning ! Should that be the case, I will say farewell now to all you UKIPers. I will have no connection with the Party at all, but my vote is guaranteed ! IN HOPE, AS ALWAYS !

• Geoffrey Bastin says:

Mike you won’t be alone in the rush for the exit.

• Matthew Goodwin says:

It’s not over until the voting closes. It’s important to emphasise that.

Sounds like it’s going to be very fun as well. Good to get everyone together just under 3 months before the council elections.

Turn a negative into a positive!

• Rhys says:

I agree.
        Does anyone know if there is to be a Spring Conference ?
        I imagine it is on hold but even though it would be short notice I think it would be a great morale booster to have one ( and also in the Midlands, please ! ) over a long weekend ~ with a combination of Gerard Batten as chief Speaker , and maybe some proper feedback sessions as well s Platform speakers ?

6. Malcolm Pinder says:

I agree with Stanley Cutts.