Veteran Leader & Batten SLAM Bolton Over “Shaky” Story On Veterans Meeting LIVE On LBC

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. silvie Steven says:

its a damning indictment of Henry Bolton that everything he says he has done or is doing is promptly dismissed as being incorrect. Speaks volumes.

2. Russell Hicks says:

OUT NOW….Bolton.

3. Jim Stanley says:

Yet again Mr bolton’s version of events is not the same as others, and not just within the Party. HB sees conspiracy within our ranks, but when reputable organisations go out of their way to set the record, as they see it, straight. Mr Bolton is, i’m afraid the worst sort of conspiracy theorist, I expect him soon to announce he has been abducted by Little Green Men, that Elvis is alive and well and the Moon landings were a Hollywood film. The danger to our party is that his wild inaccurate “fairy tales” are taken seriously by some members. He has in a moment of anger let it slip that his marriage was a sham from July, not the marriage he told us of in September. The litany of dubious facts has resulted in a loss of trust by the membership, and without trust in a leader, that organisation will cease to function as a workable unit. On Saturday he must go, otherwise I regret to say that our Party, the most vibrant political party for over 100 years will cease to exist, with all the implications that holds of no real Brexit. Without doubt we have a huge mountain to climb, but we have done it before, and we will do it again, after all we are UKIP!

4. Ceri Jayes says:

Reece, you have brightened up my day. The prospect of the Veterans and the FLA linking with UKIP if we get rid of the dead weight of Henry Bolton and instal the sound and highly respected Gerard Batten as interim leader is uplifting. If then our former press officer Gawain Towler could be invited to return UKIP would be a serious threat to the complacent LIb/Lab/Con system again. Bring it on.

5. Marty Caine says:

Well it is a little strange that it was initiated by Cliff Dixon as he quit UKIP 2 months before that meeting in October, he even made a live feed video announcing his resignation.

• Matthew Goodwin says:

Ironic that Mr Bolton’s most vocal online supporter, yourself, do not like UKIP and want people to join your micro-party

• paul mills says:

Mr Caine – Cliff Dixon left UKIP but remains a Brexit campaigner, and a very hard working one. He did initiate the introduction to the Veterans, so all genuine ( non 3%-er) Kippers should be eternally grateful for his help. The Veterans wont join under the dictatorship of Kim Il Bolton, but will if Gerrard becomes Interim leader. If you want to rubbish Cliff Dixon’s very sizable positive contribution, Id suggest you first lay out the facts of what you have done for the party that can in anyway compare with what Mr Dixon has done, and let other Kippers judge? Or perhaps you are sadly yet another of Henry Bolton’s keyboard Walter Mittys?

I expect UKIP to be cleared of Bolton, the liar, this month. My membership rests on that decision !

7. Brenda Rattle says:

Is there no end to Bolton’s lies? He seems to be trying to convince people that he is responsible for everything – except his own abysmal behaviour and lack of leadership. The sooner he goes, the better.

Kind regards.

8. David Moreland says:

Lance Corporal Bolton, is in my honest heartfelt opinion a plant, still dedicated to trying to destroy our party. I genuinely believe, that he was the final chapter of an organised and joint concerted attack on our party directed by the political establishment and their media buddies.
    They never in a million years thought they would not succeed in the Referendum, and when it happened,to put it mildly, they were utterly flabbergasted, and immediately commenced a joint operation to get rid of UKIP, as the bulk of the British listened to us, and not their corrupt two party establishment.
    Since 23rd June 2016, we have been under constant attack, admittedly we have also have had leadership issues, but were these issues worse than the ever growing infighting in the Labour and Tory party, no they weren’t!!
    Lance Corporal Bolton, appeared from nowhere, presenting a now confirmed corrupt CV to endorse his leadership application, despite the fact that he was a relatively new member to the party, and somehow or another, he allegedly, convinced the majority of the party to elect him as leader.
    Since “leading” the party, he has deliberately done nothing to promote us, but due to his private life, has with his girlfriend’s assistance, managed to reduce the party even further!
    It was me that asked him the question on LBC, where he again lied that he was responsible for the military wanting to come to UKIP, wel that is not the case, as they have stated that were he to be re-elected then the potential new membership of many hundreds of thousands will not come to us because we were still led by him, and not the desired new party hero Gerard Batten.

9. Jim Stanley says:

This string has gone beyond the bounds of KC. An Oxfordshire branch Committee Member has made a valid point, in that regardless of tge result of the EGM, those who disagree should HB win the day, those like me unwilling to serve as appointees or to remain members under a Bolton Jackboot, as described elsewhere on KC, shoud stay in post and not “take our ball home”. I do see his point, but under Bolton administration, the Party I joined 5 years ago will be changed out of all recognition. While as i said, he does have a point, I would find it impossible to serve a “boss” I did not trust, in a Party I do not recognise. Would i vote UKIP in a General Election, probably, for I still and always will support leaving the EU, and independence for our Nation, but to serve as a Party official, no thanks. I have my integriy and reputation to consider, as we as my own peace of mind, so, with apologies to my fellow County and Branch officers, but if Bolton wins, the Party and members lose, and I will stand in May on my own record as an Independent, and I would urge other dissafected Kippers to do likewise.

• paul mills says:

Jim – well said. Id’ go one further – If Henry loses on 17th ,Id call on all that support him to resign their membership immediately. if they think Mr Bolton’s behaviour and talents are worth supporting, then their own judgement is as fundamentally flawed as Kim Il Bolton himself. They are a negative influence we dont need nor want, and can follow their hero to pastures new, and leave us to rebuild positively a new UKIP 2.0 .

I will definitely leave should Bolton succeed, and 90% of those I know will do so too, and UKIP sadly will be finished finally.

Lets all have the strength of our convictions here!

10. Catherine Blaiklock Chair Eastern Region says:

I had a number of conversations with Richard Inman by phone after David Moreland gave me his contact. I was also quite aware of the sequence of dates. Richard Inman had spoken to a number of people, myself, Gerard, David Moreland (above and asking the question) and many others BEFORE any meeting with Henry took place. Indeed he did not have Henry’s number. I could actually find my phone records to this effect as I am sure David and Gerard and others could, if we could be so bothered.
    This just adds to the list of, what shall we call them – lies, half-truths, misleading statements, non-disclosure etc. as per my letter in UKIP Daily as of 13 Feb 2018.

11. Brian Hulme says:

Bolton appears a more obvious as a “plant” than Carswell was. !

12. Cheeked Tongue says:

Your cards have been marked.

13. Kev Kergan says:

People seem to have forgotten he was Farage’s chosen one. That endorsement swung the vote. Without Farage’s poor judgement all this could have been avoided.

14. Cliff Dixon says:

Marty Caine – I did indeed leave UKIP two months before the contact. But if you actually listened to what I said on the resignation video, I stated that I would still be active and prepared to work with members of all parties and none to promote BREXIT and the general aims that led me to join UKIP in the first place. I still believe in the core aims of the party but could not remain a member when others in my branch were being bullied by an out of control London Chairman and Head Office stood by and did nothing. Unlike yourself, I remain an independent campaigner. One has to ask what the leader of a rival political party is doing getting so heavily involved in promoting Bolton and what is in it for you?