LABOUR AND ISLAM: Birmingham Selection Exposes Blind Spot Again

1. StuartJ says:

They could put up a dead albatross as a Labour candidate, and people would still vote for it.

I’m pretty sure you’ll find the imams at the mosques are telling people which party to vote for. It will be no coincidence to find that the areas that will have Labour candidates with the largest majorities are mostly Muslim areas.

2. Anthony Trotter says:

Talkling about “blind spots”, seems to assume that such actions just happen accidentally instead of being part of a plan.

3. Stanley Cutts says:

I am old enough to remember the Labour Party for the good things it used to do: NHS, workers’ rights, etc. It was supported then by the heart of the British “working class” – well meaning ordinary honest people who just wanted to sustain a fair society.
    I’m afraid these last few years the party has descended into a mishmash of nasty, destructive, sometime violent, brainless idealists who are doing everything they can to wreck this fine country of ours. Those who give their vote to this mob must be out of their tiny minds. Time to wake up!

4. John Francis says:

Labour blatantly pandering to Islam to get the Muslim vote has been happening now for years. At least going back to the time Blair government.
    It really is an issue that UKIP should highlight more and more.

Once upon a time, the Labour Party had a genuine reason to exist. They looked after the so called working classes, and with some real Socialists, were rightly backed by voters. Many MPs were the mouth piece of the TUC in the Commons. Although I was never Labour, I married a lass from a Labour family, and well remember enjoyable family debates, that were always most friendly. I also remember the time that they spent on the run up to elections, giving so much of their time to Party activity.
    I know for a fact, that they would not know or understand the Party of today. I also think that, if they were alive today, they would probably have closed the circle with me, and joined UKIP ! As far as the Birmingham selection panel, taking on Safia Noor. Oops ! That would have been like a red rag to a bull with them.

6. StuartJ says:

Meanwhile, I have today received a leaflet from the Labour candidate for my South Yardley ward in Birmingham. The headline reads “Tory-Lib Dem Police Cuts Hit Home”.
    I notice how Labours literature rarely mentions all the great things they want to do, but resorts to the ‘blame game’. I remember Jess Phillips’ own leaflets attacked Libdem MP (at the time) John Hemming for being a ‘rich millionaire’ (who incidentally paid for his staff at his constituency office from his own money, unlike Ms Phillips who ’employs’ her husband on an expenses salary).