Caroline Lucas BOOED Live On Question Time After Offering “Chance To Stay In EU”

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. Miss Bridgit. says:

There was a referendum….there was result.

2. Jim Stanley says:

During the Referendum Campaign, I spoke on a number of occasions to my MP, David Cameron, indeed I was on first name terms with his Security Detail, and I listened to, and took notes of his many utterances about the Referendum Question. In conversation with me privately, and in media interviews he maintained that to leave the EU meant we would leave the Customs Union and the Single Market. The Leave side also said this on many occasions. This does not mean that we should not try and negotiate tariff free status with them EU, but not subject to the swinging rules that currently prevent us from free trade with the world. Since the Millenium, the EU’s proportion of World Trade has fallen from 29% to 15% including all UK exports. I have no idea of the UK’s proportion is, but 5% would seem reasonable. Our politicians in Westminster seem to be ignorant of our potential. Why on earth should we tie ourselves to a failing trade group of 5g60 million, when the Commonwealth, an orginisation dedicated to free trade between members, and a population of 2.2 BILLION, 4 times the customer base of the restrictive EU. Regarding a second Referendum on the final deal, the original Question was the subject of lively debate, the outcome being a simple in/out choice. This decision was based on the complexity of the issues, and a wish to keep it as straight forward as possible. Those who read Kipper Central and UKIP Daily are better informed than the general public, but I am sure, that, like me, all the issues surrounding the details of Brexit are not known or fully understood, it is not a question of intelligence, it was a simple recognition of just how complex the detail is, so the Referendum Question came down to the basic issues we all know so well. From the tenor if those “demanding” a second bite of the cherry ignore the complexity of the whole issue, should we, the population be asked again, we can be sure the question would not be the simple Yes/No, but a very involved process, listing all the cons of leaving with the basics being ignored. For me the question is very simple, I want my Country to be responsible for it’s Laws, Borders, Fishing, Trade and the rest, these being decided by our own MPs in Westminster, without any input from any other Nation State, be that the mess that is the EU, or for that matter, the USA, the Russian Federation, or any other legislative body. We were a Soverign Nation before 1972, and we will be again sOxon, at least in theory if Mrs Maybe/Maybenot follows her current Remainer biased negociations. If the mainly left wing, remain AT audience shows its displeasure with the very suggestion of another vote, maybe, just maybe, Brexit may just turn out to be acceptable, rather than some sort of “Associate, second class, EU Membership”, something we did not vote for. Thus far, the EU has dominated the negociations, the time has come for those red lines to be laid down, and when the EU cross them as they surely will, we quietly fold our tents, hop on a British vessel, and sail (walk) away on WTO terms.

Oh dear, what a shame ! I have no hankering for Green Party ways, but I have noticed Caroline Lucas. As well as being a personable lass, she gets involved with all political ideas, and in general adds to argument and debate; she has to as the only Green MP !
    I did not realise that she was so in love with the EU, that she buys in to their idea of Democracy. – Referendum result not liked by the EU, so keep voting on the same item until voters make the ‘correct’ decision. DEMOCRACY ? NO ! ….. ANTI-DEMOCRATIC FRAUD NO LESS !

4. Margaret Dennis says:

For a Green Ms Lucas is not environmentally friendly. The EU decided that we have to have immigrants when England is already overcrowded and at risk of building on our green fields everywhere. We will lose the ability to feed the country which will leave us blackmailed by imports and if war broke out how many would starve? The wildlife will be totally devastated too.
    2014 the warnings are there.

5. Avril Green says:

Perhaps we should have a vote on a final deal – I don’t trust TM to delivery anything akin to what I wanted in the way of Brexit. However, the Remainers who are pushing for this (in the name of democracy, of course) seem to have got things the wrong way round: to my way of thinking it should be;

*if we like the deal we leave on the terms of the deal
    *if we don’t like the deal we leave with no deal

Not, if we don’t like the deal we stay in, presumably with the same old shackles only worse – I don’t know when they hatched that ludicous scenario!

We all knew that Brexit meant leaving the Single Market and everything else that ties us to the EU – goodness, we were threatened often enough about it. As I have heard someone say recently, the Customs Union is essentially the EU – so if we don’t leave the Customs Union, we don’t leave the EU.

6. Ian Horton says:

Caroline Lucas member of the one seat green party,should turn her attention to her Brighton constituency where drink,drugs and homelessness are a major problem along with failing refuse collection overcharging in car parks and over priced entertainment .Another weak politician,anti brexit anti fracking anti everything.