OPINION: Voter Identity Checks Must Go Ahead To Save Our Democracy

Yes, it is a slap in the face to we British, but if it is deemed necessary, then I think I will manage. Remember that if you have nothing to hide you will only be assisting the authorities to stamp out electoral fraud, so I guess its worth it.

2. Janice North says:

Thanks Mike. Yes its sadi ti has come to this, but I cant see any other way round it other than turning back time. I wish it wasnt like this, but we cant moan and then do nothing! I guess its the lesser of 2 evils.

3. Janice North says:

Thanks Mike. Yes its sad it has come to this, but I cant see any other way round it other than turning back time. I wish it wasn’t like this, but we cant moan and then do nothing! I guess its the lesser of 2 evils.

4. Geoffrey Bastin says:

This must surely resurrect the old argument for ID cards. When we hear about the Windrush generation or hospital tourism or voter fraud or even the need to collect a parcel from the sorting office it has become essential to identify the individual and an ID card would satisfy those requirements.
    It is no more intrusive to expect someone to show their passport or driving licence at the appropriate time than it is to ask for proof of ID when voting.
    With the Windrush cases I find it extraordinary that anyone could go to see their relatives in the West Indies and then find they couldn’t return home. What documentation did they use to leave the UK in the first place? If that has been the case it doesn’t seem unreasonable for the Home Office to ask for evidence of residency etc. before issuing a British passport to anyone let alone a group of commonwealth people who came here many years ago.
    Likewise with the estimates of illegal immigrations in the UK growing annually it also makes sense to track down the culprits rather than keep talking about it. For those wishing to be on the electoral register it has been a requirement for some time to have the application checked against national insurance records. Clearly even that is not considered sufficient.
    Surely a stricter system will stamp out fraud in its many guises and as most of us comply right now this extra requirement is not so onerous.

5. Janice North says:

Geoffrey I agree with you but i guess we have always felt ID cards shouldn’t be necessary. But it seems we may have no choice due to all the mistakes of the last few decades

6. Pamela Preedy says:

Typical of the lib/left Electoral Reform Society to oppose the ID measure and say it won’t work, electoral fraud is ‘incredibly rare’, it will deter ethnic minorities from voting etc etc – the usual piffle they think we’re idiotic enough to believe.

The fact is that asking for ID at the polling booth is the way things SHOULD be if we value true democracy and should have been in place many decades ago. I remember thinking this when I voted for the first time and was shocked to see people walking in without even their voting card.

If a system CAN be abused, it WILL be abused – any fool knows that. And since successive traitor governments have persistently ignored the will of the British people by inflicting mass immigration from countries where electoral bribery and corruption, not to mention intimidation, are routine and endemic, why the hell haven’t they had the sense to tighten up our procedures? I can see why Labour would not want any impediment to voter fraud on the part of their client muslim voters, but the Tories have been too lazy and PC-ridden to do it until now. Let’s hope they don’t back down under the usual PC onslaught.

The old, largely law-abiding homogenous society of mutual trust and benefit that we used to enjoy in a civilised Britain is long gone. It has been ruined by liblabcon politicians lacking in sense, foresight, and respect for the working class white people whose lives are the most affected by mad immigration policies. We need a political revolution.

7. Glenn says:

I do not believe in Theocracy. No practising Muslim, Jew or Christian should vote because their territory is the psychre often clinically insane

8. Janice North says:

Thanks Pamela. I think Postal voting is even worse. We need to tackle that too. It shouldn’t be allowed except in extreme cases of disability