LAWLESS LONDON: Moped Gang Attempt Robbery Of Mother And Child

1. J.L.Kay says:

Why are the Met police not chasing moped thieves, as has been done in other forces, by officers mounted on moto cross bikes, who can go where police cars cannot? As a motorcyclist of long standing, I can say with certainty that moto cross and trials bikes can out-run mopeds with ease and that most young thieves are not skilled riders, apart from which they are invariably on stolen mopeds, with which they are unfamiliar. Manufacturers should make mopeds more thief and tamper proof, as they are simple to ‘hotwire’ and circumvent any current ignition system.

‘The suspects were chased away by some nearby members of the public.’ I would like to do that, but I’m in my 70s and I know that I don’t have the stamina for anything protracted. I do have the ability to cancel out such threat, but today’s numpty Police and Courts would see my involvement as ‘over the top’, and I would find myself in Court ! I really do wish that the Authorities would come clean and advise in this matter, as I would hate to have to stand off and do nothing. A percentage of crime could be dealt with if this grey area was cleared !

3. J.L.Kay says:

A good whack over the head with a heavy walking stick (not yet an offensive weapon) should do the trick, especially if the handle is solid brass, There are many outlets that sell them. They’re also pretty good at making an impression in polycarbonate vizors. (Not that I’m encouraging violence, of course) I am a law-abiding citizen.

4. Ian Hensman says:

I would prefer a good hefty blackthorn stick cut by a forebear of mine over a hunded years ago. It is no virgin and cracked two skulls a few years ago in Calais.
    P.s I am a simple poor peaceful pensioner!!!

5. John Francis says:

Ah! It wasn’t an attempted child abduction.
    Just an [yet another] attempted robbery of a young mother with her child.
    No problem at all with that then, especially as members of the public saw the attempted robbers off.
    I know, let’s give this incident a number and promptly forget all about it.
    In fact we then close it down as “no further action require do”.
    That will do wonders for Sad Khan’s crime statistics.
    Job done!

6. Ian Hensman says:

I should like to see these young thugs caught and given to some Irate young mothers who could have free rein.