EXCLUSIVE: UKIP Re-organisation Orchestrated by Paul Nuttall’s Leadership Campaign Manager

Kipper Central can exclusively reveal that the Paul Oakden’s party re-structure is being organised and led by Noel Matthews, who was Paul Nuttall’s campaign manager during his leadership bid at the end of 2016. While it is unclear if Noel had an official title during Paul’s campaign, he played the role of a campaign manager – organising events, gathering support and promoting policies; messages etc.

In an email to party members, Noel said

“I have been given the exciting responsibility of devising a structure which can best represent the party, on the ground, to it’s members and activists.”

While it is unclear if Noel had an official title, his tweets prove that he was indeed organising Nuttall’s campaign.

The main changes are that the Regional Officer role has been replaced by the mildly less powerful Regional Controller, who has delegated authority from the party chairman and is in charge of organising and running their region. They will be assisted by the County Chairmen in their region, who will manage campaigning within their county, and the Regional Communications Manager, who will ensure there is a continuing flow of information between members, branches and leadership.

Furthermore, the South West and South East regions will be split into North and South smaller regions to make them more ‘manageable’.

This will cause anger within UKIP because Nuttall is widely regarded as an unsuccessful leader and the fact that the man who oversaw him getting into that position is now overseeing the entire structure of UKIP will be a matter of great concern for many members. It will also cause discontent among some members who are concerned Steve Crowther, Paul Oakden and now Noel Matthews are making huge changes to the party and its structure without first consulting the members. Many hold the view that if a restructure is to take place (as is the consensus view), it must do so after the new leader is in place because then the members will have had a say in the process.

However, many members, both grassroots and leadership, would argue that we simply do not have time to waste and we just need to get on with the restructure before it’s too late.

Either way, this is going to cause a big row in the party and the new leader will have a big challenge of asserting their authority over these new changes which have been done without their consent, whoever it may be.

UPDATE: Noel has commented on this post saying:

“Flattered as I am that Paul’s success in becoming UKIP leader has here been attributed entirely to my campaign management skills, I can tell you that this restructure has been in the making since Steve Crowther was chairman and it is pure coincidence that as one of the last officials standing I get to see it through.

Your comment about getting on with it is the opinion I share. The UKIP ship needs to be seaworthy regardless of who the Captain is and I am very pleased to be playing my part in that.”

Support Kipper Central

Kipper Central is here to spread the real news with the British and global public, without political correctness and without lies.
However, we are an extremely small team each putting in several hours a day, despite none of us having full-time jobs.
We, therefore, rely on the kind support of our readers to keep reporting on the stories that nobody else will and to keep promoting what is truly happening in Britain and across the world.

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. Noel Matthews says:

Hi Reece

• Reece Coombes says:

Thanks for this Noel, I’ll include it in the main post so that people are aware of what you’ve said.

• Steve Unwin says:

Seems too much of a rushed attempt to de-professionalise the party based on (soon to be) possibly meaningless out-dated “regions” which the party cannot (at least currently) afford to even start to cover. As some candidates for Leader have ambitions to professionalise the party, and as the new Leader may well intend to appoint a new (or re-appoint the current) Chairman with the aim to carry this through, this “first-week-of” September rush seems questionably hasty.

One of the main objectives of a genuine professional party network (as opposed to the current Regional Organisers who are basically civil servants who primarily are employed by MEPs and give their spare time to help the party sort out disputes, turn out to meeting, and send out email bulletins) is to be self-sufficient – building up the constituency branch organization, membership and donors (patrons etc). From what Noel claims, he is carrying out a structure that has been in the making since Steve Crowther was Chairman (i.e. pre his resignation in September 2016). The political climate and the challenges has changed significantly since then.

2. Roger Gough says:

Was the membership ever informed that a restructuring of the party and it’s public image was needed and was being considered? Who thought it necessary? Was a vote of any type taken on this restructuring? If so by whom and what was the result? May we be provided with the names of those who approved this ‘plan’? I’ve lost count of the number of letters I’ve received from the Party asking for money, notwithstanding that I was, until recently, a donor yet I’ve never been given any hint that a image revamp for the Party was being contemplated either by letter or e-mail. Personally this action smacks of ignorance and arrogance and not least a misuse of funds. I presume that members will be required to purchase merchandise from a new “range of goods” specifically produced to complement the change. If not, what would be the point of a change? Of course I’m commenting from a position of complete ignorance – courtesy of the Party leadership (such as it is). I don’t comment from ignorance when I say that this is not the way to run a Party with a contented membership. Will I be informed of the changes in some way after details of the fait accompli have been revealed at conference, because I’m sure as hell not trooping to Torquay to partake in this childish “mystery trip” only to be disappointed once I get there or are we supposed to display unbending approval of anything the Party hierarchy belives is good for us?

3. Wigeon says:

Interesting appointment regardless of any supposed success in Nuttall being elected. Does he take credit for the disastrous Oldham by election, the truly monumental disaster that was Stoke when all the press wanted to talk about was the ‘Purple Pinocchio’ claims. The registration of a candidate at an address before he was the occupant of the address. The interview with Michael Crick that finished both the campaign in Stoke the career of Paul Nuttall and the knock on effect on the GE 2017 campaign that became UKIP’s greatest defeat. As he seems to have been so involved in 2017 was he responsible for the appallingly bad key policy launches which ended with so called activists booing journalists at a press conference. Are these perhaps the things he was in charge of. Or maybe it was Colonel Sanders and Boy Blunder who ran the show and poor Noel was just a bag carrier for them.

Finally perhaps we should ask what qualifications and record Noel has to be part of this mammoth reorganisation that he trumpets even before the new leader is elected. Well I am just asking!