ANNOUNCEMENT: Editors’ Coalition of UKIP Daily & Kipper Central

• 11
    Shares

THIS IS A JOINT ANNOUNCEMENT
BY REECE COOMBES, DARRELL GOODLIFFE AND VIV EVANS,
THE EDITORS-IN-CHIEF OF KIPPER CENTRAL AND UKIP DAILY

General:

To enable grassroots (UKIP members and non-members) to communicate with each other, we, the Editor-in-Chiefs & Owners of Kipper Central and UKIP Daily, have decided to form an Editors’ Coalition. This means that we not only will link to each other’s sites but also draw attention to important announcements and information in our respective articles on our sites.

Kipper Central and UKIP Daily have different content and address a different readership, but what is needed now is to facilitate the call-out to the grassroots, to gear up for the time after the EGM regardless of the outcome, to prepare for the local elections and to campaign full out for Brexit.

Our Party under the current leader has been woefully lacking in any activity in those specific areas.The official party website is blissfully unaware of the existence of Kipper Central and UKIP Daily. A presence on Social Media alone is not sufficient.

Moreover, members have no means of knowing what other members talk about or think, they don’t even know what activities branches in their region are planning, activities they may want to support.

Thus our decision to form this Editor’s Coalition:

• to facilitate communication between members,
  • to provide articles on policies,
  • to provide material for members to send emails to our representatives, to promote campaigns, action days, rallies by branches across the country.

Members, the grassroots, will see that they are not alone. Our elected representatives will see that we grassroots are not to be overlooked, taken for granted and put back in the corner when elections in the Party or the Country are over.

Kipper Central and UKIP Daily are and will be independent of each other. We will make our own editorial decisions, but when the need arises, we will unite in our separate publications to make us – the grassroots – heard.

Particulars:

For Kipper Central:

Kipper Central and UKIP Daily have in common their desire to see UKIP succeed and prosper so that it can play its necessary role in the battle for national independence and Brexit. We have a shared commitment to a Party that is driven by its grassroots and to giving them a voice. Our shared values present an exciting opportunity for us to work together and we look forward to deepening this partnership and giving grassroots Kippers a strong and powerful voice both within UKIP and the wider Brexit community.

Reece Coombes, Darrell Goodliffe

For UKIP Daily:

As E-i-C of UKIP Daily I’ve seen the crying need for three issues:

1. to provide thoughts and arguments for UKIP policies;
  2. to provide a platform for members’ campaigns and for candidates to promote their views and policy statements above the 150 words allowed in the official CVs and
  3.  to provide, most importantly, the space for debates amongst members and contributors to argue and make their views known.

UKIP Daily has moved to a faster server and the site will be redesigned in the coming weeks to enhance the existing facilities, incorporating links to Kipper Central and creating space for branch announcements.

Viv Evans

Communicating freely, be it in articles and letters, be it in comments, is a necessity for our Party and for Society as a whole. Free Speech is being hampered wherever we look. UKIP surely is the champion of Free Speech!

Our Editors’ Coalition is meant to create support for and indeed defend Free Speech in our Party and in all our publications.

• 11
    Shares
  • 11
    Shares

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. Russell Hicks says:

Sounds a good move. Just remember though, keep it brief, acres of text don’t get read.

2. Barrie says:

With regards to your unfounded attacks on the leader you can not qualify as a Independent neutral platform for information.

3. Stanley Cutts says:

I think the proposed coalition has sound reasoning, particularly at this time.

4. Deborah June Pitt says:

Excellent news. I have enjoyed postings on both websites. I know Viv as she is dep. chairman of the Cardiff branch and have much admiration for her drive, acumen and writing skills. All the best for this joint venture.

5. Jim Stanley says:

This sounds like a good idea. As I follow both of these publications I welcome this move. I hope that it works as well as it seems to have done thus far.

Working together in unity, is the best news of the day. From a grass root perspective, could we see similar unity within our Party’s leadership ? Unity is a winner, and goes down well with a grass root like me !

7. Roger Turner says:

Greetings
    I comment with the other lot as Roger Turner, I am ancient but open to the young view and input and so I am pleased to join forces in rejuvenating this once very vibrant corpse of UKIP
    Enterprise, Initiative, Drive and pazzaz is lacking
    Whatever the new leadership set up is we must have a spokesman in place who can Think on his feet, be facile with his tongue and when necessary make policy on the hoof.

8. Steve Bater says:

If you are going into coalition with UKIP Daily wouldn’t it be more sensible to merge so there is just one website. This would get the message to all readers at the same time rather than keep having to switch sites.

• Roger Turner says:

Correct me if I`m wrong,
      But I get the feeling that “Direct” originates from youth, whereas “Daily”, with the best will in the world emanates from the other end of the scale

Attitudes to life, never mind UKIP`s affairs will inevitably be different, but conclusions are not always different. I would have thought it is worthwhile
      keeping both sources intact, but “in touch” with each other, but as an indicator of complementary opinions

9. Roger Turner says:

Sorry when I said “Direct” I meant “Central”, my error, never could read the question

10. Roger Turner says:

Is there a button on here so that I can click it and return to UKIP Daily?
    I looked for one yesterday. and couldn`t find one

11. M.Matthewson says:

As a long serving member of Ukip, i joined forces to get us out of the EU,after having watched the House of Lords , vote for a customs union,i can tell i was absolutely furious. I know that our membership will again start to pick up, and hope that Ukip will regroup our troops to fight back, and throw out these useless ,money grabbing Lords. As far as i am concerned, they have insulted the 17.4million democratically voters.The fight should be to get more councillor’s and getting UKIP MP’s

12. Clive Colam says:

I am up for election for my local ward in Cleethorpes, we have worked incredibly hard during this campaign and have received very little support from our leaders and zero support from our region. Despite this we are in the position of maybe winning 2 or 3 seats. We are only a small branch but put our backs into the election with some people struggling to put all the footwork in, due to age and other reasons. What we would like to know is, when are we going to put in a real fighting campaign, and when are we going to receive some real help from our leaders and representatives. it seems to me to be all talk at the moment. I hope some person can give us some real encouragement because sometimes it becomes very dour and if we are to survive we all need to be working together. If not we will fall. Clive.

13. M.Matthewson says:

Many Branch’s all over the country are trying their best, to increase their membership,and in time it may well happen ,but the public have bee largely upset ‘ by the rate we have leader contests , many feel too many in a short space of time.I am a member of a residents association, which give a variety of views on politics, and like you i am standing for ukip in local elections along with my other branch members, and we feel that we may or may not win , but the main thing is we are keeping Ukip ALIVE. I hope that, public opinion will see what Ukip stands for, and not vote for the ” shambles of the main parties.