EXCLUSIVE: UKIP Rejects Emergency Motions From Branches To Bring Tommy Robinson Into Party

• 801
    Shares

UKIP Chairman Tony McIntyre has rejected a number of Emergency Motions submitted to the party which called for Tommy Robinson to be considered for party membership, Kipper Central has learned.

The Emergency Motions, which were submitted by a number of UKIP branches in the hope that the party would debate offering Robinson membership, were turned down on the grounds that there would not be time to discuss them at the party’s Conference this week.

In an email to the Scarborough & Whitby branch, which submitted one of the Emergency Motions, McIntyre wrote: “I already have motions in place for the conference. There has only been a 20 minutes slot allocated for motions and this is a very big issue. Sorry to disappoint.”

Robinson hit out at the decision, telling Kipper Central that members being denied a vote is akin to a “dictatorship”, but that he has not lost hope for the party.

He told Kipper Central: “All we’re asking for is the membership to have a vote; this decision should be theirs, not the Chairman’s.

“The Chairman making this major decision on behalf of the party without consulting the members is what I’d expect from a dictator.”

He added: “Despite this decision, I have not lost faith in UKIP. I’ve been overwhelmed by the number of branches submitting motions to let me join the party and by the number of people telling me they’ll rejoin UKIP if I’m allowed in.

“The #FreeTommy movement was not just about me; it was about the working class people of Britain standing up for their freedom! UKIP must realise that they have an opportunity to politicise that movement.”

A motion was originally proposed by UKIP’s Family & Children spokesman, Alan Craig, calling for the party’s ruling National Executive Committee (NEC) to discuss the issue.

This original motion was first accepted for debate at conference, but later rejected by McIntyre on a technicality – the motion was submitted by an individual, not a branch, which McIntyre argued was a breach of the party’s rulebook.

In an email seen by Kipper Central, the party’s Oxfordshire branch submitted an Emergency Motion to UKIP Chairman Tony McIntyre, which is identical to the original motion proposed by Craig and called for the party to offer Tommy Robinson membership.

Kipper Central understands that several other branches have also submitted similar Emergency Motions to McIntyre, including the Scarborough & Whitby branch which voted unanimously in favour of the motion on Monday.

Stuart Abbott, the chairman of the Scarborough & Whitby branch told Kipper Central: “At our branch meeting, there were 13 members present, we had an open debate on the subject after which a secret ballot was taken. The result was unanimous 13 to none in favour of the motion to allow TR to become a member. Prior to the meeting I received two written proxy votes also in favour. There were no other proxy votes.”

He added: “Yes, Tommy Robinson is radical and outspoken about what is rotten in our society – we should not go against our own values of being a radical party by being complicit in denying him a platform to bring this to the attention of the public at large.”

Craig’s motion – and many of the Emergency Motions from branches – all read: “Conference believes that Tommy Robinson is a global figure who stands in the long English tradition of anti-establishment rebels with a cause from Robin Hood to the Suffragettes; admires his campaigns both for #FreeSpeech and to expose the authorities’ decades-long silence and inaction over the industrial-scale child sexual abuse by rape gangs; and requests the NEC to consider offering him membership of UKIP.”

Aaron Foot, the UKIP Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Kingswood – a branch which voted unanimously in favour of bringing Tommy into the party – told Kipper Central: “I am disappointed in Tony McIntyre’s decision not to let the members of UKIP decide whether a traditional working class, patriotic Tommy Robinson should join UKIP.

“At the last Kingswood UKIP meeting, we backed the Tommy Robinson motion for conference unanimously.

“Members’ wishes may be ignored if we are not given a say on Tommy Robinson, which will be a missed opportunity for UKIP to create a mass movement to rock the political establishment just like Brexit.”

A spokesman for the UKIP Oxfordshire branch, which was one of the first to submit an Emergency Motion about Robinson, told Kipper Central that McIntyre is making a “pathetic attempt” to “ignore” the issue.

“The party that now pretends to want to tackle the hard issues, despicable and cowardly ignores the one issue its membership wants to discuss,” he said.

“In a pathetic attempt to ignore the only issue that a huge chunk of the membership wants to discuss, the party chairman is putting the democratic voice of the members at the bottom of his priorities.

“The members own this party, not its officials! UKIP on the Tommy Robinson issue looks cowardly and weak – which we are not. Let the members show they have the balls to tackle the Truth.”

Kipper Central has contacted Tony McIntyre for comment.

Support Kipper Central

Kipper Central is here to spread the real news with the British and global public, without political correctness and without lies.
However, we are an extremely small team each putting in several hours a day, despite none of us having full-time jobs.
We, therefore, rely on the kind support of our readers to keep reporting on the stories that nobody else will and to keep promoting what is truly happening in Britain and across the world.

• 801
    Shares
  • 801
    Shares

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. Tom Merchant says:

At least it was turned down for the purpose of time. Quite reasonable, I’m sure Tony understands the general feeling about this in the party so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a vote on it later this year.

2. Cllr. Nigel Simpson says:

Patience and Democracy, by the book – or we are no better than remoaners…

3. Mike says:

I strongly believe that the issue is not over yet by a long way.

4. Za says:

13 at a branch meeting is quite worrying low.

5. Anthony Taylor says:

Individual personalities and treacle!
    I despair of UKIP ever becoming a serious force with which to challenge the existing two party system.
    Too busy staring at their own navels and rule books.

6. Christopher James says:

Tony McIntyre appears to have an ulterior motive for blocking the Tommy Robinson debate… twice!!!
    He must give the vote to the members… not take unilateral decisions … who is he getting paid by ? The EU or May?

7. Tom says:

Either you have an absolute ban on former members of far-right groups or you don’t.

I like Tommy but the kind of extremists among his followers will ensure UKIP never has enough support to win a single seat.

• John Wake says:

That’s like saying a convicted con, can’t learn from their mistakes. Should we keep them all locked up for life? Everyone makes some mistakes in life, better to learn from them than not.

• Anthony Taylor says:

John Wake
        Just to add to your comment, The person that has never made a mistake has NEVER MADE ANYTHING!

Off course in this world, there are people who can never ever admit to making a mistake, and really they do have to be pitied .

8. John Wake says:

If there was time to discuss it when it was put forward by one person, how come there isn’t time when it’s been put forward by several branches?

9. Malcolm Jackson says:

Confirmed!!! Steve Crowther’s Muslim 5th Column still controls UKIP. If you want an Islamic UK , then Nigel Farage is your man.

10. Fiona Evans says:

Oh well that’s a shame. I was interested to see how Ukip dealt with Tommy because I thought it would reveal their true colours and how serious they were about challenging the establishment, instead of begging to be allowed to join it. I have a lot of time and respect for Gerard Batten and Lord Pearson (who both support Tommy) but I didn’t know if the rest of the party was more like the SAS or Dad’s Army. (I have nothing against Dad’s Army, it’s just not what is needed right now!) Now I know that for the time being Ukip are happy to keep their image of being a party for pompous, disgruntled ex-Tory, old men instead of seizing the opportunity to reach out & become more popular.
    It doesn’t matter what you think of Tommy Robinson or the way he tells the unpalatable truth about ‘grooming’ gangs and what’s happening in places like Luton NO ONE on Britain should be persecuted by the state the way he has been and I don’t understand why it’s not a national disgrace. Why do otherwise decent people not object to our justice system being used in this shameful way i.e. as a weapon to silence people the establishment don’t like; is it fear of being called ‘racist’ or ‘far right’ – the same fear that made people condone the worst crimes against children I can imagine? It is time that decent people found some moral courage and spoke out against turning our justice system in to a joke and the reprehensible way this working-class man has been treated. Ukip had a chance to speak out but sadly chose to play it safe. If you don’t think Tommy is being persecuted take a look at these videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-II9B_CrBk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2VlpxGFe4&t=123s

11. James Evans says:

I appreciate the decision is difficult for the UKIP seniors but this party has to evolve or it will not be a serious force for change against Westminster and this means maybe a name change and absorbing smaller groups with similar interests and goals. If UKIP fails to take advantage of what is in front of them then nobody can moan when we get more of the same from the existing Elite.

12. R Goodall says:

I have read everything I can about TR, and came to the conclusion that he has been vilified for speaking out, on various topics, just like UKIP has in the past. We now have an opportunity to harness his followers to our wagon, and will regret not doing so, in the very near future, so I for one am very disappointed at the decision taken in this case.

Tommy Robinson now has a date at the Old Bailey for a full retrial. The only criminal aspect to this is the clear political bias being used against this guy ! Where does UKIP stand on this matter of trumped-up injustice ? Why is this Party of my choice, flapping about upon his membership ? Read up or watch the videos, because he appears to be a UKIP guy, with a target on his back !
    I did not pay my membership fee for UKIP to be a little sideline Party, so I would suggest a rethink on this A.S.A.P.

14. J.L.Kay says:

Regardless of which party a person has belonged to formerly, if he/she renounces that party’s membership and that party’s position on thing such as racist issues, then he/she should be allowed to belong to UKIP. It would seem to me that there are people who are running scared in UKIP because they believe that Tommy Robinson would be a big fish in a small pool. There are a lot of individuals in UKIP who are there just because they like the sound of their own voices and the supposed kudos of being a ‘spokesperson’ for the party. They talk the talk but they certainly don’t walk the walk as Tommy Robinson has and stood up for his beliefs and principles, many of which coincide with those of many UKIP members across the country.

No wonder certain people don’t want Tommy Robinson admitted. It might give brainless nonentities such as Diane Abbott even more ammunition to fire at us. Should we care? No!!!

15. Geoffrey Bastin says:

Tommy Robinson, Paul Joseph Watson and two other You Tubers are welcome to compliment and add to UKIP’s presence but don’t have to be formal members. They are all Internet Journalists and derive a living from being outspoken and controversial and in so doing enhance their incomes with the advertising that accompanies their performances on line.
    Good luck to them but if they are formally UKIP members the MSM will treat them as the real deal instead of just a side-show, in fact it has started already.

THIS IS ALL A BIT SILLY. When I was 19 and 20, ( many years ago ), I followed the principals of Communism, and in fact was well taken with it. Then I visited Russia and Bulgaria in the late 1960s and came home with a very different point of view ! When I joined UKIP, nobody asked for my political pedigree ! Tommy Robinson’s involvement with a ‘far right’ group was ended by his own decison, and just like me years before, changed his view and grew up ! We now see all this caffufel on whether to allow Tommy to be a card carrying Kipper ! We seem to have overlooked the fact that our rules also cover the taking away of membership, when necessary ! Is it any wonder that I am now worried about having joined a nice LITTLE background Party, that makes the Lib/Dems look powerfull ? !

17. Alex H. says:

Firstly, I was very surprised that Tommy Robinson would wish to join UKIP itself. Tommy several years later post EDL is a publicly sponsored researcher and journalist. Somewhere between investigative journalist Roger Cook and a combatting court barrister working under the Rebel Media group.

Tommy behind his video journalism is coming Frome the same place as Anne-Marie Waters.

We are willing that UKIP become the Party of the British People and thus rightly concerned with cultural concerns affecting society.

It is not unfair to say our number are mostly white British origin, however we are civic nationalist rather than determined ethno-nationalist, despite opponents smearing our party ideology and identity.

The focus on public safety, culture and laws in a climate of threat from bad actors is a necessary reality.

What Anne-Marie Waters and Tommy Robinson bring to the table are justly the concerns that those bad actors are exploiting global Islam to travel to our country clandestinely and using the resources of that group, mostly migrants, to establish a base to wage a war of terror against us here at home.

It is therefore right that a Party of the people, such as UKIP give due consideration to this crisis.

Thankfully Gerrard Batten is not so concerned as Nigel Farage is with the need to be mute or neutral on a raft of societal issues away from the BREXIT cause.

In Gerrard Batten we aspire to be a true free thinking democratic party.

Many of us are aware of the risks Tommy Robinson takes to put himself in the position of the dedicated alarmist.

Having followed channels such as Rebel Media paying close attention to his reports and understanding what motivates him, I would categorise him in the good light of the form of energetic polemicist.

However he does have a great raw energy in the sense he is passionate about a particular cause or problem with Islam. And that raw energy has put him in situations of peril.

I have to thank Tommy Robinson for educating me and
    enlightening me to Islam and what it represents.

As a person raised in Christianity and the secular world caused by capitalism, the character of Islam and its ideals including its prophet are deficient in a number of crucial ways which conflict with the spirit of our people and traditions. Islam creates violent tensions in every country it operates since it aims to dominate in every corner of a people’s affairs. Therefore it cannot be permitted to flourish in Britain.

It has been a huge mistake under the immature doctrines of diversity and multicultural tolerance to admit an ideological behemoth with ambitious support to swamp our cities with its supporters funded by foreign extremists.

After suffering an era of folly and the abandonment of the one nation State, we are weakened in our powers as a people to resolve our present crisis.

Strong people like Tommy Robinson deserve our respect.
    Although I doubt offering him membership would benefit him, for what can he benefit from UKIP?

18. Alan Munday says:

I really feel that the party should have enabled this matter to be discussed at the conference, even if it meant that other topics had to be put to one side. I don’t think that it should be for just one person to block something like this, which I see as a very important matter. I would strongly suggest that members be given a vote on whether or not to admit Tommy Robinson to membership without delay. Because of what has happened, I am starting to feel very disillusioned about UKIP. Of course I cannot speak for Tommy, but I should think that he will also probably be starting to feel similarly.

So please, lets cut the red tape and get on with an all member vote as quickly as possible. Otherwise at the hands of one person who has blocked the consideration, it represents a major shot in UKIP’s foot, and I am not sure if I will want to remain a member any more.

19. Malcolm Jackson says:

Hi Alan, Many of us became disillusioned about UKIP back in 2014. Here is something I posted then:-
    “” Nigel’s attitude and direction changed a lot earlier than after Brexit. Nigel changed direction at the beginning of 2014 , when he stopped talking about Christian and family values and began his long process of turning UKIP in to a Muslim supporting party. So many of us feel betrayed and conned by Nigel since that date. We were told to keep quiet about the steady Islamification of UKIP because it would damage Brexit. Nigel used the same line on his girl friends and mistresses to keep them quiet about his affairs, not that I grudge him some fun. Just the hypocrisy of the bloke. I won’t get conned by Nigel again. As you say he is brilliant at ripping in to Brussels. “”