Students Union President Who Threatened To Deface War Memorial QUITS With ‘Immediate Effect’

• 900
    Shares

Emily Dawes who threatened on Twitter to purposefully deface a mural commemorating students who died fighting in the trenches in World War 1 has been forced to issue a public apology and leave her post as President of Southampton University Student Union ‘with immediate effect’.

Dawes made the comments last month in relation to the Rothenstein mural and targeted it for criticism because it only features white men and in another outburst because it also features no women. She tweeted: “Mark my words – we’re taking down the mural of white men in the uni Senate room, even if I have to paint over it myself.” In another outburst she said: “ONE OF THE WOMEN JUST SAID “it’s nearly armistice day so we are we covering up this tapestry??” AND HOLY S***. F*** YES. GRL PWER #£sotonsenatelive”.

Joe Simons, Chairman of UKIP Students and President of Kent University UKIP Students told Kipper Central: This whole saga goes to show what we’re up against on university campuses across the country. In all honesty, I don’t think her apology was necessary as we all know that she held those racist, anti-white views before she resigned and will no doubt continue to hold them in the future. This is the face of the modern, ‘progressive’, campus leftist: peppered with white guilt and desperate to tear down our culture and heritage.

Very true and an ugly face it is indeed.

Support Kipper Central

Kipper Central is here to spread the real news with the British and global public, without political correctness and without lies.
However, we are an extremely small team each putting in several hours a day, despite none of us having full-time jobs.
We, therefore, rely on the kind support of our readers to keep reporting on the stories that nobody else will and to keep promoting what is truly happening in Britain and across the world.

• 900
    Shares
  • 900
    Shares

I didn’t go to University, and for some time thought I had missed out. I went straight into making a profitable business !
    I now know that I was saved the embarrassment of having to admit to such a close encounter with utter cretins !
    Universities really need to up their game, and a little self discipline would not be out of place !

2. Chris FAREY says:

In a way I do feel sorry for Emily Dawes. She’s been indoctrinated with the Cultural Marxist view that has dominated higher education for decades. I left Uni in 1979 a confirmed Socialist, utterly convinced by the message of Critical Theory to re-define the world. Within ten years of working in the ‘real world’ of business, I referred back to my roots with nary a look back. As Churchill put it, ”If your not a Socialist at college, you have no heart. If still a Socialist at 30, you have no head”. Emily Dawes’ expulsion may give the reality check she needs.

3. Tony T. says:

Sounds like a sincere apology, why not accept it and move on?

• VB says:

I for one do not think it is sincere….It was probably because she thought she would not be kicked out if she apologised. Lets face it she was made to apologise…What idiots these students have become…Teachers not teaching the History so that they can understand?

4. VB says:

This is no apology really as they have probably forced her to say it…Maybe she thought if she apologised she would not have to leave !!!
    She holds those truly ridiculous ideas as do all Students here and in America…Me too is just that wanting to be a minority and noticed….We have some really stupid young people…But I blame the teachers as these teachers are not teaching any of the Real History so that they can understand just Why the two world wars were started….Do they realise they prob would not be here if it was not for those people who died to save our country and democracy ….and we have to have them in the future to run the country…how really worrying. …By the way why are we using American words like Campus…..? and Candy……and Have a Good Day in shops now….Have we lost even our own terms !!!

5. beryl giles says:

She is just a child with a lot of growing up to do.