Letter To UKIP’s NEC: Gerard Batten: The Only Man Brave Enough To Say What We’re All Thinking

• 915
    Shares

Below is the full text of an email sent to the members of UKIP’s ruling National Executive Committee (NEC), from Kipper Central’s Owner and Founder, Reece Coombes.

Dear NEC members,

I know you’re all very busy and probably have hundreds of emails, so I will keep this brief.

UKIP rose to success by saying the unsayable and doing the undoable. We campaigned to Britain outside the EU when that was considered the most ‘narrow-minded’ policy one could support. We called out evil cultures around the world and fought against importing them into our country when that was considered ‘racist’ rather than common sense.

UKIP has NEVER cared what the media and the establishment call us, because they will ALWAYS call us ‘racist’, ‘far-right’ and any other names they can muster up; they have done for donkey’s years and they will continue to do so for as long as they last.

It has always been my belief, and indeed UKIP’s, that true bravery and integrity is standing up for what you believe in, regardless of how that might be perceived by the elites in society. Just because this time it’s Gerard Batten talking about free speech and, yes, Islam, rather than Nigel Farage talking about the EU, we shouldn’t chuck away our core values which have got us this far.

Gerard has committed every minute of his life to this party, and is – to speak frankly – working his arse off to save us. First from bankruptcy and legal challenges, and now from political censorship and media attacks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I trust that you will make the right decision today so that we can unite behind Gerard and take the fight where it belongs at this crucial time for Brexit; the opposition and the EU.

Kind regards,

Reece Coombes

Owner/Founder of Kipper Central | UKIP Weston-super-Mare Media Officer

Support Kipper Central

Kipper Central is here to spread the real news with the British and global public, without political correctness and without lies.
However, we are an extremely small team each putting in several hours a day, despite none of us having full-time jobs.
We, therefore, rely on the kind support of our readers to keep reporting on the stories that nobody else will and to keep promoting what is truly happening in Britain and across the world.

• 915
    Shares
  • 915
    Shares

Reece Coombes

As a 16-year-old member of UKIP with a cardboard Nigel Farage cut-out in his bedroom, Reece is hardly your bog-standard student, but he cherishes his independent thinking as his greatest strength. Reece is the founder and owner of Kipper Central, a UKIP community blog with thousands of daily hits and is also the Deputy Chairman of Young Independence, UKIP's youth wing, where he works hard to promote Brexit and radical thinking to young people across Britain.

1. Alec Yates says:

‘If you truly believe in the values UKIP was set up to uphold, you will stand with myself and tens of thousands of other UKIP members and back Gerard’s absolutely incredible and visionary leadership of UKIP.’

Reece I stand with you and all other true UKIP members.

• Alec Yates says:

Just had an email from the party chairman regarding the NEC meeting today. They voted overwhelmingly against the motion of no confidence in Gerard which was submitted by Nigel Farage. Three cheers for the NEC and a big fat raspberry to our former leader.

2. Malcolm Jackson says:

Well said Reece.

3. J.L.Kay says:

Having listened carefully twice to Gerard Batten speaking in person and having had the good fortune to meet him, I can only say that he is a hard-working and sincere man, who has the courage to speak the truth about the EU, Brexit and mass inward migration. Regardless of what the MSM say about him and about us, UKIP members, and they will undoubtedly call us racist, xenophobic etcetera, we know that he is right about so many things. We will NOT be shut up by politically-correct cowards who haven’t got the guts to stick up for their own country and here I mean the so-called liberal-minded chattering classes or the Marxist academics in our universities, who continue to pollute young minds with their continuous spoutings of political twaddle. WE, the majority of UKIP members, know the truth of what is really going on in this country, a country which has been irrevocably changed by mass inward migration over the last thirty years and we will NOT be silenced by the taunts and carping of the politically-correct brigade, who wish to see Britain and Western Europe destroyed socially and culturally by an alien civilisation which has set up its tents in our backyard and is digging itself in for the duration.

4. I could not believe, what I was reading on an article ,written in the London free newspaper the Metro, about a family stocking up food ,in case of a no deal,. This is simply scaremongering, by the remainer METRO paper.It is sending out the wrong message,. The UK ,i am sure will be able to managed any food shortages, or medical supplies’s, and business’s should carry on , as the ships will be coming in from other parts of the world, we will be trading with WTO and the commonwealth countries.

From becoming a qualified Midshipman in my teens, I turned away from life in a Merchant Navy Company when an opportunity showed itself in commerce. Due to fast growth and high movement of money, the Bank Manager insisted that the business become a Limited Co. and that continued for twenty-five years. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the business fell into Receivership and I started work with a manufacturer of electrical goods. The workforce asked me to be their Shop Steward, which to my surprise, I found that I really enjoyed, with wage negotiations and necessary representation of individual’s contract rights.
    This mix of very different employment responsibilities, turned me into a ‘Floating Voter’, as I was able to appreciate the Capitalist side of life and business, whilst also understanding the ‘reasonable’ Socialist needs of a workforce. Following an impassioned call for strike action, I was able to show my members a far better way to gain their requirements, and this was followed by the receipt of an invitation from The Lord Chancellor’s Office to become a Justice, which I refused !
    From the start of UKIP, my interest was raised, as it seemed that at long last there could be a Political Party with ability and values that mirrored my own. A Party that looked at items of the Left, and of the Right of politics, and took only those items that were correct for this Nation. – The biggest draw for me, was the Independence from the EU. – An idea that had merit as a Common Market, but then showed itself clearly, as wishing to be an unwanted ‘Power Block’, enforcing its member Nations to agree to strictures for the building of an unnecessary ‘Super State’, with an expensive Government that was anti Democratic and Unelected !
    The leader of UKIP, was a likeable Nigel Farage MEP, who did not mince his words, and entered the EU Parliament with the wish to pull us out of the mess we had voluntarily fallen into. He represented British Common Sense, which was a bitter pill for the EU Parliament to take, and as UKIP and Nigel’s popularity grew, a worried British PM decided to draw the sting from this Party and its leader, by the use of a referendum, targeted at UKIP and Nigel’s core item of ‘Leaving the EU’. The only leaving that was done, was a defeated PM who should have checked the opinion of the British people, before agreeing to a referendum !
    With Nigel on an understandable high, and his exposure in the USA on the side of Donald Trump, Nigel decided to take a backseat in UKIP. The Conservatives of Westminster ensured that by fair means or foul, Nigel’s brand of politics was simply not acceptable within Westminster, and could only tolerate UKIP in ‘tame’ only. About this time, Nigel Farage underwent a change in his character, and for some reason found he was against UKIP’s popular leader, Gerard Batten MEP. Gerard navigated the Party out of possible closure, and found a kindred spirit in Tommy Robinson. Both of these items upset Nigel, and he will have to get used to it, as the membership have taken totally to our leader, and would welcome Tommy Robinson into our Party !
    It is my hope for UKIP to flourish, and be all that it can be. It would be so much easier if Nigel put his shoulder to the UKIP wheel, but Gerard is our leader now. He needs and deserves Nigel’s support, but if that can’t be given, then he will have to fade from the scene. This would be such a waste of talent, as Gerard, Nigel and Kippers have so much more in common, than the items that make division !

6. Tony Leary says:

I fully supporrt what Reece is saying and it is refreshing that Gerard is dealing with real issues in a tangible manner. I think the association with Tommy Robinson is of great value but must be managed with care and respect to all concerned to avoid unnecessary and unjustified antagonisation.

7. Jules says:

Michael,
    “The UK …. will be able to manage any … shortages” …..
    We shouldn’t even entertain the possibility of “shortages”.

None of the stories of “shortages” have ever provided a sensible explanation as to why the UK should experience ANY shortage.

Occasionally some ignorant Remainer says that under WTO Rules we “must” inspect all shipments – which is simply not true.
    WTO is familiar to many businesses and HM Customs.
    Very, very few shipments are inspected (less than 5% according to HM Customs) – because most containers are pre-registered by trusted traders.

As for Gerard and TR …..
    I am uneasy about TR – but with Freedom of Speech under attack from ill-liberals – when do we fight back ?

As Reece says, the media will paint ANY Brexit rally as “extremist” or “far right”.
    And probably some Antifa agitators will throw stuff around.

Perhaps UKIP members need a crash course in defending Freedom of Speech – to include various Labour and Conservative spokesman who have been silenced or made to “apologise” for speaking some tru-ism.

• Anthony Taylor says:

Jules , your unease about TR can assuaged with objective research.
      I strongly recommend, as a starting point, that any doubters read his book ‘Enemy of the State’. Additionally there is more than enough material about him, and readily available for study.

I will concede, at times Tommy has all of the ‘subtlety of a flying mallet’ BUT the fact remains, HE TELLS IT AS IT IS ! The Establishments ONLY way to deal with this/him, is to continue to attempt to ‘Fit Him Up’ !

You ask “when do we fight back”? The answer is very simple, NOW!

• MIKE MAUNDER says:

Anthony, I just wish to underline your comments. At first I thought Tommy Robinson was a bit of a yob, but I took the trouble to read and listen, and found that this guy’s views nearly mirrored my own views. He would make a worthwhile Kipper !